Go On Now!

 

Whatever happened to "going on" after a death? Remembering days gone by, my thoughts go to growing up and my family would embrace the passing, not without sorrow but we always kept that soul close to home, never forgetting the experiences we had.

Sometime between then and now, it seems death has become a time to "move on" and at some point, some feel the need to remind survivors that their child, spouse, friend, is in a better place. Is it really a time to move on? Does it matter that they are in a better place? 

This topic is a big annoyance to many who have experienced loss and I am one of them. Everyone expects that after a loss you will come out of it unscathed, the old you will not change, you will get over this quick and the thought that they are in a better place will help you move on.

All death does is change everything, if some want to keep the memory alive, it is their choice. When we "move on", we go forward and leave everything behind us. When we "go on" we carry it forward, forever, never forgetting.

Maybe we have become a society of sweep it up, move on with it? Keep moving and not feeling, chug, chug, chug along, so you don't have to face it? Not too sure, but this I am sure of...
if you choose to move on, then you go right ahead, I am going to "go on" and embrace everything I knew, every emotion I felt, even if they are in a better place! 

~~~To all my new friends of homicide~~~

~~Thank you BB and who ever shared your quote~~



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These Boots Are Made For Walking

You Talkin To Me?

Got Your Back!