Whatever You Call It, It's Family

            Family ~ a fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and 

             their children.


 I  recently has a conversation with my sister about family. She and some other family members are concerned for my well being. Where am I moving to? What is the rest of my life going to look like? Should I go back to the home state I left 40 years ago? Should I move closer to a brother who lives in the west? They seem to want me closer to family. 

Now that the family I knew, a home, husband, pets are all gone, I have to ask myself...what is family. If it is best I be near family and she is probably right, who is my family? 

Many of my siblings have children, some are close and some are nothing but misery. Will that help me? Do I desire to be around that energy, or will it just implode my soul.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Exploration, adventures and relationships, new and old are important to me.  Are these relationships going to support me or is my blood family going to be the support I need?  Do I go back to my past life or forge on to the new?   What is family?

I'm happy and very much enjoy the presence of my 2 best friends, one on the east and one on the west. I realize that my time with these 2 women is so easy, just peaceful and we help each other always. My childhood BFF of 50 years was willing to venture into Florida's corruption as no other family member even offered. She pounded the pavement with me to find truth as some of my blood family thought I was nuts and offered no help, ever. She is and always will be my family, a strength that I can always depend on and she can always depend on me. 

                    "The Investigators"        My tiger sister!

My west coast best friend of 40 years is the kindest person you will ever meet. She was the only one to come to my side as I fell into the pit of grief. She is the only person in my life that knows me better than I know myself, next to Frank of course. So many times in my life she has guided me and I her. We have slowly by chance, moved around the west coast together, never leaving each other side. A relationship that not many will have in their lives. Is she family?


My soul sister.



Thinking back to my Mom, she always talked about her friends. They lost contact over the years and as one by one they moved on the the other side, she always said "I wish we had more time together". 


The time is now, to enjoy all family. Mine may be disjointed because my life is untraditional. Maybe being socially chained or grounded is just not my thing. Maybe my relationships with these women are for a reason. Maybe I had family all along which I will embrace as I start to final portion of my journey to justice, solo by savoring every moment with family near and far.




"We must take care of our families wherever

we find them" Buddha


How blessed am I to have such wonderful family. Love Always.


                                            My blood sisters;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These Boots Are Made For Walking

You Talkin To Me?

Got Your Back!