A Widows World

 We've all heard the term "widows brain", we'll at least I have since becoming a widow. I'm not really sure what it means or if it really exists, yet what I do know is that most widows I have encountered since my solo journey, have this inner urge or need to move or search for a comfortable place or another way. It's hard to put my finger on but it's a sense of being open to anything yet a discomfort in most everything.

This place can take months or years to find and many widows travel solo in search of it, as I discovered driving across country only to encounter another widow doing the same thing and stopped at the same hotel on her search. 

It's an inner void that attaches to us. An urge that no one can fill, many times not even family. Our fears become secondary, the connection to "things" are lost and I am not even sure if "things" matter anymore. We become a part of our past and will never be the same, our views on everything seems to change.



In a widows world our brains are just fine, it's our souls that change. The way we think, react, care and belong. In a widows world we are ready for anything as we search for that comfortable place.

**dedicated to my new friends Deborah, Ellen, Cathy & all of the widows in this world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These Boots Are Made For Walking

You Talkin To Me?

Got Your Back!